Wednesday 28 September 2016

Eyes

You woke up at the crack of dawn;
And found me right where you'd left me.
An inch away; your mouth, to mine
Exhaled, and moved away quickly.
Your eyes that I'd watched drift off to sleep
Now flutter, breaking the only contact
With mine, undeterred, unmoving
Your beautiful hazels deserve no less than that.
You fumble with words, your patrons every other time,
Each syllable laced with a sleepy tone,
Every breath you take is deeper than the last.
Behold what my confession has borne.
Enticed by that luscious, spirited, breath,
I move in closer, and watch crimson come alive
My fingers, curious, explore the red
Find a warm softness unknown in time.
I move away strands of hair from your face,
And watch your eyes- now perplexed, so sublime.
Your lips part, and yet, no sound escapes
The sighs that follow, all captured by mine.
I pull you closer, as you shiver in my arms
Finally it happens, and your lips with mine rhyme.
In the soft light that fills your room,
A dark secret is born this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment