Monday 19 August 2013

A conscious storm.

The sky is dark, the clouds roll in,
Languid-each step, every breath.
Lost in my thoughts, I walk in again,
And in my path, stop dead.

Back in those paths, once again.
Back where it all did begin.
Memories flash right before my eyes,
Remembering, missing,sinking in.

The passing wind reminds me
Your breath on my neck, whispering.
Those words unknown to others,
Your voice in my head, ever lingering.

The first time that you touched me,
Every wall, every fear broke down.
The fire that ran through me,
Once again, in that inferno,my heart drowns.

Every smile, every twinkle of your eyes.
Every frown, every wrinkled nose.
I remember,I keep remembering.
Every moment we spent far and close.

The way your kisses left me shaking,
Overcome with emotions, numb.
Every touch, every burning touch.
Every word, to which I'd succumb.

I remember you, and all the lines on your hand.
I remember it all, I remember it all the time.
I remember every laugh we laughed, every tear we cried.
I remember everything, every moonlight and crime.

I remember all the lies, and all the truths and taunts.
I remember all my fears, and all the darkness of my heart.
I remember all our fights, I remember all our tears.
I remember our last kiss, just like the one at the start.

I feel my heart sink, the way it did that day.
The hesitating hands, the uncomfortable embrace.
 Wanting to melt away, into you, as always.
The look in your eyes, the tears on my face.

I reminisce,I muse.
I recollect, I surrender.
Surrender to the past,
 Pieces in entirety I remember.

Every little thing reminds me of you,
Every passing breeze, every blurred face.
I go whirling down memory lane.
Lost in this torpor, in you, always.

I let these memories of mine,
Like water wash over me, over my mind.
And just as water, uncaptured by hand,
I pass lifeless through the clutches of time.

This bittersweet pain that your memories leave,
I wish these rains would wash it away.
This nostalgia, it's very becoming of me.
There is nothing left,on my lips,is just your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment