Tuesday 12 July 2011

The Change

She was so cheery and happy
There is a change in her now.
She's not mean and snappy
But she's different somehow...

Her laugh used to be the loudest among us all,
Contagious, very musical to the ear.
Now she walks alone in the empty hall,
And lives in distrust and fear...

I smile at her, She looks at me with her empty eyes,
They were warm once, but now they're plain cold.
I try to talk to her, but i get no replies
She's just 18, how come she looks so old?

She stares out the window, but her mind is definitely not there,
I want to see her happy, to hear her sweet laughter,
I want to bring a smile to her face, remove any trace of despair.
Why did it happen to her, that horrible disaster?

Life is unfair, but why to the innocent?
She did nothing wrong, no sin ever!
Always hard working and diligent
Here she is, hurt and scarred forever...

The faith and trust she once had are gone
But i won't give up, I'll bring her back!
I know in God's chess I am a mere pawn.
But I will fill colors into her life, even though now it's just black...

2 comments:

  1. I'm lucky to have you as a friend.

    Because I know you'll always look out for me like you look out for her!

    My favourite lines include:
    "I smile at her, She looks at me with her empty eyes,
    They were warm once, but now they're plain cold."

    and WAH! What an ending!
    "I know in God's chess I am a mere pawn.
    But I will fill colors into her life, even though now it's just black..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, u can count on that hon :)

    ReplyDelete