Tuesday 12 July 2011

It's Okay to not be Okay...

My heart beats slowly now,
"Don't be sad, smile" they say,
I don't wish to listen somehow,
It's Okay to not be Okay!

I just want to lie down, and do nothin' at all,
Morning and night, all the time in the day,
Their attempts I keep trying to stall,
They don't understand, it's Okay to not be Okay!

They keep talking, more and more and more,
I tell them to leave but they stubbornly stay!
Their chatter now makes my ears sore...
Don't they know? It's Okay to not be Okay!

They try to divert my attention, they ask me NOT to think.
I pretend to be distracted, hoping now they'd go away,
I smile with them while my heart continues to sink,
After all, it's Okay to not be Okay...

In the lonely nights, I stare into the dark,
For a brighter morning, to the Almighty I pray.
Stinging me day and night, the truth is prominent and stark,
But I know, It's Okay to not be Okay...

Life moves on, and so did I,
In someways,that's all I say,
I'm okay now, though I still don't fly...
But I'll always know, It's Okay to not be Okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment