Thursday 22 November 2012

Illusions.

It all comes shattering down,
In one swift motion,dead.
Run of the mill,the talk of the town,
Or the only thing in my head.

Chimeras, fallacies, all over due,
But then again, that is all they were.
Dreams, unseen, never to be true,
Pieces of my heart disappear.

Clouds of confusion, up in smokes,
The hurtful truth, up in my face.
As the facts themselves to me spoke,
I stared at my reflection, sad, and disgraced.

Was there any truth in that beautiful satisfaction?
Or was it all a colossal illusion?
Was it all a figment of my imagination?
Was it all just a part of my own delusions?
  
The splinters of my dreams puncture my feet,
Nose up in the air,as I step on them and leave.
The matters of my heart, ever so discreet.
And the mess I made,because of the lies I believed.

What is worse than being broke,
Is being broken hearted.
I laugh it off, this cruel, mean joke.
Over the screams of my mind and heart being parted.

Why should my mind be blamed,
For all of my heart's mistakes?
No, it would be a matter of shame,
I'd rather spare myself of atleast that one ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment