Wednesday 1 May 2013

Well, fuck you too.

The wounds are fresh, the tears still run.
My heart still burns away as the Sun.
Alone, in the dark, with fire inside me.
Away far away, with no one beside me.

I thought I'd gotten used to the hurt and the pain.
Impunity I'd thought,now I'd managed to gain.
But every cut burnt just as much.
Just as every slap, and every tender touch.

I gave up, I gave in, cowardice-I know.
I've had it, I cave in, can't take another low blow.
I did what I had to, I stood up for me.
I knew I just had to, for myself, and me.

With all of the heart ache, and strains and the sores,
I managed to find some shoulders to set shore,
I thought to myself, "Hey, this does seem nice"
And Life saw to it, that all them turned into lies.

One by one every rampart and support, 
Got up and left, or just watched me go.
I told my heart, once more, be strong, just hold on.
My heart but, it has let go, and I must move on.

Move on to a shore, move on to a new life,
One with less hurting, one with less strife.
I'll turn to this life, and wave all Adieu.
But before the final Goodbye, well, fuck you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment