Monday 20 May 2013

Demons

Slowly, so slowly, the mist parts.
A ray, just one, of sunshine comes through.
The sight clears, the sight once so fogged;
There is me, just me, and my demons in view.

Demons, of my past, and of my present,
And probably of my future too.
Every dark corner shows me another one.
Every lonesome corner, every solitary move.

And then at a corner, I turn and find,
Another soul, another one, a like mind.
The dew drops, like crystals shine brightly so,
This road is new, have I left all behind?

Suddenly my demons aren't the only ones
By my side, to take my hand, Oh, epiphany.
Suddenly, I have so much, so,so much more-
That my demons vanish- into the darkness that is me.

The serenity, the peace that I have found
In these souls so similar to mine,
So much to discuss, so much to converse,
So much to discover, so much to find.

Smiling is frequent, my days are now abuzzed.
My heart is lighter, a hope slowly usurps.
My demons, they are calmer, the noises have died down.
The sounds are sweeter, friendship now does chirp.

Finding someone with demons much like yours,
Simplifies life, a tension is sort of off.
Expectations, dreams aren't all that important now,
Together, we can play, praise, share and scoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment