Sunday 8 December 2013

Games


Life was a puzzle, I declared solved.
You made my heart the missing piece.
Oh, you beautiful thief.

You stand at the finish line
Having made my heart rush and race.
For it to stop you wait. 

Without exchanging a word,
Our eyes talk.
In a crowd of people long forgotten or never talked of.

In a game of chase, we remain stuck
Forever in a loop,
Who chases who?

We reach out for each other
In a room clandestine.
Both hiding, both fighting.

We are so good at faking indifference,
There is no point in keeping score
I can't bear to, anyway,any more.

Invested in hide and seek,forever.
We both could hide, and neither would look,
One is the sea, the other a brook.

Each plays the pawn, while each is the king.
Each makes moves the other anticipates,
Neither can lose, neither elates.

These games our hearts play,
Leave my brain bewildered.
And,now, it has surrendered.


No comments:

Post a Comment