Saturday 28 December 2013

I remember

I remember not how we ended up in that spot
Nor how there were such scintillations in the darkness opaque
I remember turning and finding your eyes,
Then turning away, such revelations at stake.

I remember your finger under my chin
I remember my eyes peering into yours
The careful brush against my lips
The twinkle in your eyes before mine closed.

I remember the tightening grip
As your arm moved on my waist
I remember the tingles, and all the chills
I remember putting my hand on your face.

I remember not how my hands reached your hair
Nor how your hands were on my back,bare,
I remember though, the smile on your lips,
I remember the intimacy we shared.

I remember my heart beating
I remember hearing yours too
Not a single beat together
Not a single beat out of tune.

I remember a beautiful dream,
I remember the halcyon and peace
I remember your knowing smile.
I remember not you being such a tease.

You left in the morning.
And I did too.
I remember the last look you gave.
Nothing else I wish to remember, nothing else I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment