Wednesday 4 September 2013

Unbreakable

What have I ever done, but love you?
Who have I been, without you?
You are my hallelujah. You are my win.
You are mine, and mine to keep.

There is nothing left to give,
There is nothing left to take.
We kept asking for more,
When nothing was left.

The rustling leaves, the dancing trees.
They are the same, aren't they now?
The trembling lips, the uncaring grips.
I miss them- you, somehow.

I thought me unbreakable.
I thought you true.
I did think wrong-
Love is blind and cruel.

Now I wonder, now I stray.
I look for stones when I see windows.
Dried out tears, dried to waste.
Pretentious panes, shuddering shadows.

The cold alley, the sounds of fire.
The patchy blanket, and us curled up inside.
Your warmth radiating into my soul.
Reviving me every time I died that night.

The apathy of my ardor seems fitting,
Seems right.
Holding on, as I ride into the Sun,
Without forgetting. I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment